- Is the recital mandatory?
No. Parents have the option on whether to have their child participate in the recital before costumes are ordered. Any dancer not participating in recital may continue in their regular classes. They are not excluded from class in any way. Any student not participating in the recital will be notified the week costumes are tried on in class and will be offered a makeup time. We don’t want anyone to feel left out when everyone else has a costume.
- What is included in my costume fee?
The cost includes the costume, tights, and recital media. We also take care of any alterations that need to be done, as well as prepping and steaming every costume.
- Can I get a refund for my child’s costume?
Unfortunately, we are unable to refund any costume fees. If there is another class doing the same dance and if there is an opening, we would be happy to change your child to that class.
- Can my child begin dance class mid-season?
While that is possible, our dance curriculum is progressive throughout the season. Elements and combinations taught during the fall season are then incorporated into the routines taught throughout the spring season.
We recommend students begin attending dance classes as early as possible within the annual season. Makeup classes are utilized for students beginning mid-season to help them start with confidence.
- When and where our rehearsals and recitals?
Our recitals are typically at the Warsaw Community High School Performing Arts Center. Dress rehearsals are May 28-30 and recitals are June 1. Please refer to your child’s individual recital schedule for their rehearsal and recital schedules. These can also be found on the Recital Parent Page on our website.
- When should I arrive for rehearsal and recital?
Please refer to your child’s individual recital schedule for their specific times. You may also visit our Recital Parent Page on our website.
- Is dress rehearsal mandatory?
Yes. It is mandatory to give all dancers the opportunity to rehearse with their entire class prior to the recital.
- Will my child be in more than one recital?
Our goal is to get all dancers classes/siblings in the same recital. Sometimes classes are required to be in more than one show. However, our Tiny Twos, Tiny Tots, and Rising Stars will only be in one show.
- How long do the recitals last?
We will have three short shows that will be approximately an hour and 30 minutes in length and will not have an intermission.
- Does my child leave as soon as they dance at recital?
Dancers are required to stay for the duration of the show.
- If my child is in multiple recitals, are we required to stay between each recital?
No. Dancers are dismissed to their guardian after each recital. Dancers must be picked up as they will have no supervision after dismissal. You are welcome to remain at the PAC or you may leave and return if time permits.
- How do I purchase tickets?
Tickets go on sale on Saturday, April 27 at 9 AM. All tickets are purchased online at tututix.com.
- Do I need a ticket if I’m volunteering?
No. All volunteers will have the opportunity to see their child’s dance at the recital.
- Do young children need a ticket for the recital?
If you would like your child to have their own seat, then, they will need a ticket for the recital.
- When and where are pictures taken?
Photos will be taken by our photographer at dress rehearsals. Dancers need to arrive with their costume, tights, shoes, hair, and make up done. Photos can be ordered online through the link on our Recital Parent Page.
- When do costumes go home?
Recital costumes go home in classes the week of May 6. Your account must have a zero balance before your child’s costume goes home.
- How does my child need to wear their hair for the recital?
Costume instructions including hair and makeup will be distributed with the recital costume.
- Is jewelry allowed?
Jewelry is not allowed for photos, dress rehearsal or recitals. Please leave all jewelry at home.
- Can my child wear underwear under their costume?
Underwear should not be worn under recital costumes. Girls should first put their tights on and then put their costume over their tights. We do permit our Tiny Twos classes to wear pull ups under their costume if needed.
- If my child is in more than one class, who will be backstage to help my child change their costume, tights, and/or hair?
We have several class chaperones assigned to each class, and they will help with the necessary changes.
- Can my child have snacks backstage?
No. No food or drinks, aside from water are permitted backstage. Dancers should never eat or drink with their costumes on.
- Do we have classes the week of rehearsal and/or recital?
No. Our last week of classes is the week of May 20.